Information for refugees and asylum seekers
- Um die deutsche Übersetzung dieser Unterseite zu lesen, klicken Sie hier
- للاطلاع على الترجمة العربية لهذه الصفحة انقر هنا
For refugees and asylum seekers, there are many things that are new when they come to Germany: the language, the culture, the customs and the regulations that apply here.
It is important that they know, respect and identify themselves with our fundamental values so that they quickly find their way in our country – in particular the values of democracy, equal rights for men and women, tolerance, freedom of speech and religion as well as the basic principles of our legal system, such as the independence of our judiciary.
For this purpose, we have prepared information material about the German legal system especially for refugees and asylum seekers.
Information material in different languages is available on the following subpages:
1. Five films about the German legal system:
- Film about the basics: “Unity. Compliance. Freedom. That is how the constitutional state of Germany works.”
- Movie about the German civil law: "Concluding, observing, and terminating contracts. That is how does the German Civil Law works."
- Film about the role of women in Germany: “Living in Germany means: men and women are equals.”
- Film about the German criminal law: “Theft, fraud, bodily harm. How does the German Criminal Law work?”
- Film about the German juvenile criminal law: "When young people become criminals - how German juvenile criminal law works"
2. Four handouts with information on the German legal system:
- Handout “Basic principles and values of the German legal system”
- Handout “Basic principles of the German civil law”
- Handout “Marriage, family and parenting”
- Handout “Basics of the German criminal law”